2 cups plain flour
2/12 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
a dash of vanilla essence
lots of berries. ok, berries to taste. or just berries to fill the bottom of 12 muffin cups. frozen is absolutely fine, probably preferable, even.
- turn on your oven to about 165 centigrade.
- thoroughly grease a tray of 12 muffin tins, and put a layer of berries (any kind) in the bottom. put aside for a moment.
- cream butter and sugar. (not by hand. it is not 1950 and we have discovered the electric beater.) add eggs and vanilla essence (approx 1 tsp) and beat thoroughly. sift flour and baking powder on top, mix thoroughly. it should be a very stiff mixture at this point.
- dump about a tablespoon and a half of the cake mix in each cup, making sure you cover all the berries (if not they will boil up the sides and make the cake hard to get out of the tin).
- put the tray in the oven for 20 mins or until they've risen and are golden brown on top. take out and wait for a bit before running a knife around the edge and putting them on a cooling rack upside down (or berry side up). if the berries stick to the bottom of the tin, use a teaspoon to get them out and put them back where they belong.
- try not to devour them all in the next hour or so.
for vegetarian burritos
1 brown onion
1 tin red kidney beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
burrito spices in a packet
lettuce, tomato, sour cream, tasty cheese, whatever else you like (for compilation)
- brown the onion on quite a high heat.
- add drained and rinsed kidney beans, and burrito spices. stir about.
- add tinned tomatoes, more stirring, add more burrito spices.
- add half a jar of salsa to taste. mess with consistency until deliciously thick and goopy.
- assemble burritos!
- devour. in the next hour or so, preferably immediately. serve leftovers for breakfast, or any time really.
for a lovely evening
lots of food (see above)
no tasks awaiting completion
warm comfy bed
- eat above cakes and burritos, possibly to excess.
- wash down with redback beer.
- let your cat sit on you and lick your nose.
- hug a fianc.
- watch old mtv videos with bruce springsteen and courtney cox (as fianc commented, before she dieted herself to extreme stick-ness).
- revel in a clean kitchen after all that cooking.
- relax into the warm bed and good book that await you.